Packing in ONEPROD’s 30 years of experience in the condition monitoring of rotating equipment, FALCON is an innovative tool for vibration measurement and analysis that puts condition-based maintenance within the grasp of all users.
Innovative wireless measurement
- improved user comfort
- improved safety
- new applications (enclosed machines, mobile machines, measurement behind protective casing)
- patent pending
Built in camera
- improved user guidance with the sensor position picture, machine picture, and location picture displayed in the field.
- automatically illustrate reports with inspection pictures (oil leak, cracks, missing bolts…)
Built in auto diagnostic
- works instantly on the first measurement: no need for data history
- focus on machines with problems with the risk assessment indicator
- results shown with a confidence level
- save time: interact with the machine while you are in front of it (check temperature, grease bearing…)
Built in strobe light
- easy measurement of the rotation speed
- no need for external accessory or reflective tape
- adjust the rotation speed from the spectra with the strobe
- add maintenance inspections (dirt on fans…)
- certified for use in Ex Zone II area
Built in pyrometer
- take the bearing temperature in few sec.
- valuable information for the diagnostic
- easy integration into a route
FALCON packs in innovative features never previously seen in a single device:
- three-axis wireless sensor, taking simultaneous vibration measurements in all directions
- built-in strobe light for rotation speed measurement
- built in laser pyrometer for bearing temperature measurement
- built in camera for easy machine identification, sensor positioning, and report illustration
- embedded Accurex™ automatic diagnostic
- 4 analog channels for synchronous measurement, in addition to the trigger input
Accurex™ automatic diagnostic
FALCON allows making immediate use of the benefits of condition based maintenance: the Accurex™ automatic diagnostic works instantly based on the first measurement. Faults detected are available right in front of the machine such enabling interaction with the user (bearing lubrication, temperature control…) and optimization of the maintenance process.
Based on the ISO 10816 standard and on ONEPROD 30+ years of experience, FALCON’s built-in automatic diagnostic module provides unbeatably relevant and reliable results. Clearly identified, machines are presented with an overall risk assessment indicator to help the user prioritize his analysis on critical machines. Every fault detected is displayed with its severity, location on the machine, and confidence level (patent pending).
Automatic measurement setup
FALCON is within everyone’s grasp. What was once tedious is now a real child’s play, as configuration is carried out by providing a simple machine description of the machine’s kinematics via a built-in visual interface. Any rotating asset can now be setup within less than 2 minutes. All vibration measurement needed are there: ISO 10816 velocity, overall acceleration, ONEPROD bearing Defect Factor™, high resolution FFT and time waveform, and adding customized parameters can be done in only few clicks and on the whole database. Building a database has never been so easy!
The wireless three-axis sensor and real-time processing capabilities literally cut times of vibration measurements: 8 seconds per bearing typical for measuring all X Y and Z directions with the highest quality set of vibration data. With the use of pictures, the machine identification among a route has never been so easy: the user navigates on FALCON’s large colorful touchscreen from the top view of the plant to the sensor position picture on the machine.
FALCON reduces the time and costs needed for on-site intervention to the absolute minimum. At the scale of a plant, FALCON really stands out.
Reliable by design
FALCON was designed for uncompromised industrial use in the harshest settings:
- ATEX Zone 2
- Withstands a 1.2-meter drop.
FALCON comes with a large color touch screen, which can even be used with safety gloves, a rubber grip for better handling and anti-shock resistance. The lack of cable makes the user working in safe condition, within a range of 10 to 20m between the wireless sensor and the unit: measurements can be done under protective casings or behind doors, and the user no longer has to stay close to the machine in hot environments.
FALCON incorporates all modes of communication:
- Wireless WiFi communication with the three-axis vibration sensor
- Uploading/downloading of data by USB, Ethernet, Internet, standard WiFi protocol
- Remote route exchange by email
- Cloud access to the ONEPROD hosted platform
The FALCON collection and vibration analysis tool communicates data to the condition based maintenance platform equipped with the powerful NEST software, so that the data can be stored, analyzed, and reports automatically published.